background

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Adventures in Virginia

We visited the Jefferson Memorial with Matt's brother, Ryan.



The American History Smithsonian was fun to check out. My favorite exhibit was the First Ladies but I don't have any pictures. Here's Matt and Pax in an old railway car.

Dorothy's shoes...

Matt really wanted us to visit the Manasses/Bull Run battle grounds. It was pretty cool until I saw a poster about ticks on the grounds and I was in flip-flops!
I took Paxton to Old Mine Ranch on his birthday. We went with a playgroup from church. Here we are getting ready for the hayride.
Pax rode a mini-tractor. Maybe some FFA in his future...

Chilling with the animals...
I made Angel Food Cake for his birthday.

He loved it!
All done, sporting the matching hat and onesie I made.
Last weekend we flew out to San Francisco for Uncle Jeff's wedding. Here's my nephew, Caden, with Papa Ward and Pax.
The three Ward brothers...
The Ward family after a long day...
Pax playing with his cousin, Caden. Caden entertained him ALL day and Pax loved it! (He is funny about trying to keep his feet off the grass. Unless he is trying to walk of course!)
Paxton almost walking on his own...
This weekend we decided to go hiking in Mason Neck State Park. We did a three mile loop by the Potomac. It was really pretty and we had the perfect weather. There were spider webs everywhere.


We were ready to head home!
And little Pax got his first split lip.


But he's a trooper and shook it off pretty quickly.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Oh my sin. Paxton is SO so cute. How are you guys? We still miss you.

Spencer and Julia said...

Ah, I'm such a bad friend! I've been thinking about you but haven't called yet. Anyway, I'm glad you are enjoying VA and we'll have to meet up sometime soon.